Feb 11, 2013

Gold Leaf Zig-Zag Table

I made it through to round 6 on SYTYC! Week 6 projects are up and I'd love it if you'd go vote for your favorite {which I really hope is mine ;) } The poll is on the right hand side and it only take a couple seconds!

I was really excited for this weeks theme {Glitter/Shine/Metallic}. But, I ran out of time due to my chronic procrastination to do the project I've been planning for months so I switched my thoughts around to this little lonely coffee table that had been begging for a makeover. I started out with DIY chalk paint, which was fantastic. I did no sanding or priming and I'm pretty sure this was laminate. Plus it only took 2 coats to take this from black to cream. Then I drew out the pattern I wanted onto the table, and hand leafed the gold leafs onto the table which was a lot more work than I had anticipated. It's definitely not perfect but I think the  flaws add more character ;) I love it and hope you do too!

For my chalk paint recipe I used

-1 sample sized behr paint jars
-2 Tbs Plaster of Paris
-1-2 Tbs water


  1. I love this! AND I just voted for Red week! Good luck girly!!!

    XOXO Mallory

  2. Um I just voted! I will pay you to make a cardigan for claire! I'm in LOVE! So stinken cute (and I love miss B's "sassy" pose !)

  3. This is so pretty! Now I think I need to find a piece of furniture to do this to! I'll be featuring this on my blog tomorrow!


    Thanks for linking up!

  4. I'd like to invite you to link up to Show and Tell Saturday at Sassy Little Lady!



  5. I found you from Sugar Bee Crafts! I'm your newest follower via GFC. I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

    Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

    Fluster Buster

  6. Great project! I just featured this in my DIY project round-up from last week's Monday Funday party!
    Thanks for linking it up!


Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love to hear from you :)