Feb 27, 2013

Elegant Bathroom Makeover

Guys, I made it into the final 3 in SYTYC! Woohoo! Thanks to everyone for the votes. You guys are fantastic and I really really appreciate the support.

I love how last week's challenge turned out. I have hated my bathroom for the last 5 years. Let's just pretend it was the first owners who painted the bathroom that color. And let's also pretend my Mom didn't warn me that I would hate it and that it would turn the bathroom into a deep dark hole of a room mmmkay?? I've regretted painting it ever since and finally got the gumption to paint it back. My husband thought I was crazy going with white and told me it would take forever but lo and behold it didn't! I used Behr Paint & Primer in one and it seriously worked wonders! I covered that dark dark paint in only 2 and a half coats. Then I had the wonderful idea to paint my cabinets blue. Love. Them. I painted them my very favorite color, sanded the edges and used my all-time favorite glaze to finish it off. Then we hung my thrifted mirror up and I was one happy girl. It looks so big now {even though it truly is tiny} All I need is a fun light fixture/chandelier and it would be complete. I love my new elegant bathroom SO much compared to the black hole it was! Hope you like it too :)












My favorite part about this makeover was it was inexpensive, relatively easy, and quick! It was completely finished in about 6 hours. I had to break it up over 2 days while my little lovelies were sleeping :) And here's the breakdown...

-Behr Powdered Snow white paint...$32
-Thrifted mirror.................................$30
-Towels {Target. LOVE}.................free (I used Shopkicks for these)
-Rug {Anthropologie}......................$20
-Cabinets Blue Custom Mix..............free

Grand Total: Under $100!! And it makes a world of difference in our home! 

4 comments:

  1. I love that blue vanity! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So confused... how did you get your fave paint color for the cabinets but it was free??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love to hear from you :)