Oct 8, 2012

Tomato Basil Quinoa Recipe

Remember this post where I was growing some yummy basil? Here is the recipe I used my basil for. Yuuummm this dinner is delish & healthy & super easy! Win, win, win.
Tomato Basil Quinoa/Pasta
4 Pints of cherry tomatoes (halved)
1/2 cup of olive oil
2 Tbls garlic (minced)
18 basil leaves (julienned)
1 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less depending on the spiciness you would like)
1 cup quinoa or some angel hair pasta
paremesan for topping
Combine your tomatoes, basil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Let this sit out for at least 4 hours room temperature. Cook your quinoa/pasta right before serving and mix with tomatoes. Add some parmesan on top and serve right away!

Slice up your cherry tomatoes.
IMG_7451
Add your olive oil, garlic,basil, & red pepper flakes. Let this sit out at room temperature for about 4 hours.  IMG_7453
Throw your quinoa in your rice cooker. (1 cup quinoa & 2 cups of water) You can add more or less water depending on how your rice cooker cooks. This ratio was perfect for us! Once your quinoa or pasta is cooked mix it all up with your olive oil/tomatoes. Add some parmesan on top and you are ready to serve! You can serve this warm or cold. I’ve tried both and loved it both ways.
IMG_7454
Serve with some steamed veggies and french bread and you have yourself a yummy refreshing meal.
IMG_7458
Now, time to get real. Me and one of my daughters gobbled this right up! One of my favorites now. On the other hand, my husband and my other daughter refused to touch it. My husband ate one bite and declared it too healthy for him and went to get a Fili’s burrito. So, just a warning  this is not everyone’s cup of tea. :) I do think he would like this with pasta. He was very weirded out by the quinoa, so if you like quinoa try it! I have also tried this with angel hair pasta and it is delicious as well.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love to hear from you :)