May 2, 2012

Yummiest Banana Cake


I decided to repost this because I've had a lot of people asking me for the recipe. I have to tell you this is the yummiest cake ever. My husband and I can clean out a pan in one sitting. Don't Judge.  Just trust me and make this and you'll never go back to baking banana bread again with those over ripe bananas...
So I've been in a baking mood lately...Yes it's a little crazy with two kids under 2 years old. But, when I get a total of 3 hours of sleep and there's no hope of getting a nap I have to keep myself crazy busy or I remember how exhausted I am...So after failed attempts at homemade bread and cinnamon rolls, I decided to use up my ridiculously ripe bananas and try this banana cake...yummm It's SO good and moist (I can't believe I just used one of my top 3 grossest words...) Here are the recipes and I'm also posting this to Basic Bites

Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 c. flour
  • 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 2/3 c. sugar
  • 1 1/4 tsp. soda
  • 2/3 c. butter, at room temperature
  • 4 mashed bananas, large
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2/3 c. buttermilk or plain yogurt (I used vanilla yogurt because Ialready had some and it turned out fine)
  • 2/3 c. chopped nuts (optional)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together: flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and soda. Then add: butter, and bananas. Beatthoroughly, then add: eggs, buttermilk, chopped nuts and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Pour into a greased & floured 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. When cooled, top with Cream Cheese frosting.
"Sprinkles" Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz of cream cheese, very soft
4 oz of butter, very soft
1/8 tsp salt
4 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp of vanilla extract

Beat the cream cheese and butter with the salt until light and fluffy. Gradually add the powdered sugar, and the vanilla - beat until smooth and creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love to hear from you :)